June 5, 2008

Pies in Jars

My wife and I are currently in the throes of summer fruit lust.  We've got blackberries growing a mere 10 feet from our apartment, peaches are in season and being consumed as quickly as possible, strawberries, unfortunately, have mostly come and gone but there are more goodies to look forward to down the road (the muscadine vines are loaded this year!).  My fondness for good old straight fresh fruit some what sated, its about at this point in the game when I start to look around for ways to eat them that involve putting them between delicious pastries.  These pies baked in jars look like they may be just the thing and their uber-cute factor just might blind my wife into doing most of the work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're willing to try anything that you describe as "uber-cute." Fresh blackberry pie in a jar sounds so yummy. I like the muffin tin idea too...

David said...

*deepmanlysighovertheuseofuber-cuteby my brother*

Blog Archive