September 29, 2008

Word Picture of the Day

Sure the Dow is down 657 points at the moment, but even that couldn't keep me from laughing at this quote from CA Representative Darrell Issa explaining why he voted against the bailout plan:
Representative Darrell Issa, a Republican, said he was “resolute” in his opposition to the measure because it would betray party principles and amount to “a coffin on top of Ronald Reagan’s coffin.”
I have no idea what it means but "putting a coffin on top of Ronald Reagan's coffin" just entered my everyday vocabulary.  

Oops, looks like the Dow's down to 720, man, it feels like somebody put a coffin on top of Ronald Reagan's coffin around here.

2 comments:

scott cunningham said...

Egads, this is terrifying. If I wasn't so scared, I'd make a joke about coffins and graves.

Drew N said...

Great read thannkyou