August 6, 2008

Little Things Amidst a Big Thing

Apologies for the sparse posting of late.  We're in the midst of moving a few states to the right so I'm hustling to finish up a few projects before we leave town which doesn't leave a lot of time for blogging.  If it did here are a few things I would make note of:

1.  Owen correctly takes the LA Times to task for a farce of an article purporting to cover the threat of famine in Ethiopia.

2.  This is one of the best religion beat articles that I've read in quite a while, it does an admirable job of trying to explore the complexities behind the old adage, "11:00 on Sunday morning is the most segregated hour of the week."  For those interested in the topic, two of the books and authors quoted in the piece are well worth your time - both Divided by Faith and United by Faith are worth the read.



5.  I've got a bit of the voyeur in me and I really like "secret garden" type hideaways so I'm really digging this photo set of "rich people rooftops" in NYC.  (via Kottke)

No comments: