February 5, 2008

"It's not the years, its the mileage"


I love the Indiana Jones films, they have for me always been more fun to watch and rewatch than the Star Wars films that positioned Harrison Ford to be Indie - I've always been more interested in the mysteries of the past than the possibilities of the future. So, while I'm excited about the forthcoming Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull I'm also a bit nervous, I mean, its been 19 years since The Last Crusade - a period of time which the new film will supposedly take into account by setting itself in the early 50's and swapping out nazi's for commies as the bad guys - and while Sean Connery fessed up to being too old to have another go around as Indie's dad, Harrison is hopefully still spry enough to pull it off convincingly. Also, Shia LeBeouf . . . . i don't get it? However, it will be nice to see Marion Ravenwood again. So, cross your fingers and brush up on your crystal skull (who knew it was so pervasive in pop culture) knowledge before May 22.

PS - While I think I knew it existed, why have I never seen this.

1 comment:

belle said...

visit me?

http://quipswriter.blogspot.com/

it's a site to fight writer's block.

thanks!